By Stephen Mitchell
The moment version of A background of the Later Roman Empire good points vast revisions and updates to the highly-acclaimed, sweeping ancient survey of the Roman Empire from the accession of Diocletian in advert 284 to the demise of Heraclius in 641.
- Features a revised narrative of the political historical past that formed the past due Roman Empire
- Includes large adjustments to the chapters on neighborhood historical past, specifically these in terms of Asia Minor and Egypt
- Offers a renewed evaluate of the decline of the empire within the later 6th and 7th centuries
- Places a bigger emphasis at the army deficiencies, cave in of nation funds, and position of bubonic plague through the Europe in Rome’s decline
- Includes systematic updates to the bibliography
Read or Download A History of the Later Roman Empire, AD 284-641 (Blackwell History of the Ancient World) PDF
Similar ancient history books
Studienarbeit aus dem Jahr 2009 im Fachbereich Geschichte - Weltgeschichte - Frühgeschichte, Antike, word: 1,3, Technische Universität Darmstadt, Sprache: Deutsch, summary: Mit dem Beginn der Alleinherrschaft von Octavian bzw. Augustus endete auch endgültig die über 450 Jahre währende Epoche der unter aristokratischer Regierung stehenden Römischen Republik.
This e-book is a arguable new biography of the apostle Paul that argues for his inclusion within the pantheon of key figures of classical antiquity, in addition to the likes of Socrates, Alexander the good, Cleopatra and Augustus. It first presents a serious reassessment of the apostle's lifestyles in its historic context that specializes in Paul's discourse of authority, which used to be either consultant of its Roman context and provocative to his competitors inside Roman society.
During this research, Jongman examines Pompeii's prosperity and social constitution, which was once marked by way of huge inequality among periods. This electronic version used to be derived from ACLS Humanities E-Book's (http://www. humanitiesebook. org) on-line model of an identical title.
Das römische kastell Aliso by means of M. F Essellen. This booklet is a duplicate of the unique e-book released in 1857 and will have a few imperfections comparable to marks or hand-written notes.
- Ancient Fiction (Routledge Revivals): The Novel in the Graeco-Roman World
- Growing Up and Growing Old in Ancient Rome: A Life Course Approach
- Die Religionspolitik Theodosius des Großen (German Edition)
- Mit Kurs auf Thule: Die Entdeckungsreisen der Wikinger (German Edition)
- The Historians of Ancient Rome: An Anthology of the Major Writings (Routledge Sourcebooks for the Ancient World)
- Graeco-Roman Antiquity and the Idea of Nationalism in the 19th Century: Case Studies
Additional info for A History of the Later Roman Empire, AD 284-641 (Blackwell History of the Ancient World)