Founded in 2000 by Serenity Sayre, Licensed Occupational Therapist and Certified Hand Therapist; Certified Hand Rehabilitation Center offers a nurturing therapeutic environment. We specialize in rehabilitation for the hand and upper extremity. Our clinic has a unique layout that fosters a community of recovery and optimizes patient care. As an independently owned and operated Hand Therapy clinic we are able to focus 100% of our efforts on patient rehabilitation. Many of our patients are referred by friends, family and physicians. We provide a warm and healing environment that encourages recovery.
Certified Hand Therapists are Occupational or Physical Therapists who through advanced study and a national exam, specialize in rehabilitating patients with shoulder, elbow, wrist and hand problems. It is a high degree of specialization beyond basic Occupational Therapy or Physical Therapy to treat patients with upper extremity problems. To learn more about Certified Hand Therapists, we invite you to visit the website for the California Chapter of Hand Therapists>The California Chapter of the American Society of Hand Therapists
We can evaluate and treat any hand and upper extremity conditions. Our patients have been affected by an accident or trauma, repetitive motion disorders and chronic conditions like arthritis and neurological disorders. We provide a continuum of care that can begin within days of an injury or surgery and continues through our patient’s return to a productive lifestyle.
- Conditioning prior to returning to work
- Control of hypertrophic (raised and/or swollen) or hypersensitive scars
- Desensitization following nerve injury or trauma
- Design and implementation of exercise programs to increase motion, dexterity and/or strength
- Management of acute or chronic pain
- Management of open or sutured wounds (prevention of infection and assistance in healing)
- Prescribed therapeutic activity
- Reduction of swelling
- Sensory re-education after nerve injury
- Splint fabrication for prevention or corrections of injury
- Training in the performance of daily life skills through adapted methods and equipment